Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year and New Work!




I hope that you are all having a wonderful New Year and a Happy 2012 thus far!

I have been busy working with my favorite materials: enamel, sterling silver, fine silver, copper, gold and gems.

[My favorite gemstones tend to be opalescent ones, like moonstones, labradorites, chalcedony etc. or fiery ones, like garnet, sunstone or fire opal etc.. I have a "fire and water" thing going on, I supposed. My favorite paintings have dark blue or indigo and warm yellow or orange also.]



I have been playing with some new enamels, since my last update. I have all sorts of fun opaque colors that have come in, from Tangerine Orange to Deep Red, Translucent Orchid to Cobalt Blue and, of course, Black and White for the purists out there!










Most of my enamel fine jewelry is for sale right in my Etsy shop, I also do custom requests, as the queue allows. Please feel free to stop by and take a peek around. My work is handmade, by me, in New Hampshire (USA). I do *not* order pre-made items and just tweak them, I design each piece from scratch and am a metalsmith / silversmith. I love to design custom pieces for my customers so please drop me a line if you'd like something You-Nique!




Some other things that I have started selling are handmade sterling silver hoops, (1" and 1.25" right now, though other sizes can be custom made), with or without glass rondelle / donut beads. These are a lot of fun and the beads can be mixed and matched, as needed, (or removed if you'd like your hoops without beads for a night)!




























I have started working with PMC again, (precious metal clay). I have been using the Copper clay, as I like it the best. I have posted a few enamel and PMC pieces as well as some gemstone and PMC items. It is a lot of fun to work with, my two favorite mediums rolled into one, ceramics and metal!















Above is a pendant out of copper PMC with enamels in it's recesses. To the right is a pendant out of Precious Metal Clay, (PMC), with a 3mm faceted Apatite gem and three glass beads. Both are strung on colored cotton and ribbon cords.







For the organic, but minimalistic, jewelry lovers I have started a line that I call "Pounded Pebble". These are items made from sterling silver, that I have melted and forged, (hammered / pounded), into a new shape. The ring set, toward the top of the page, has one of these stacking rings in sterling silver and below you will see one of the items that has become a best seller, from this line, my Pounded Pebble handmade designer earrings in sterling silver.



These little studs are quite adorable on and are organic but not over the top or sloppy. They have a crisp look, like a pebble that is shiny from wear and becomes visible as the tide goes out.

No comments: